Ah... Only one day left till the Olympics! I can't believe it! We will also be leaving for the weekend tomorrow. We are going to Barcelona! We will unfortunately miss the cycling race that goes right down our road, but, there is still much we are going to see! Today we saw the Olympic Torch carried through Hammersmith and Fulham. It was wonderful!! A few vans came by playing music and dancing, which was fun. We got free streamers, and they were giving out coke, I unfortunately did not get any. Then, all of a sudden, a roar started up the crowd, it acted like a wave, starting at one point and continuing down the line. And there it was! It seemed to come as fast as it left. I barely snapped a picture! Actually, I got two, then edited, so I now have several! Hey, you can never have to many pictures of the Olympic Torch!! :) Then we popped into a lovely little cafe for coke and cake. (I saved my Olympic rings coke bottle as a memento of the wonderful day!) My Family is probably rather upset with me, as I have researched all the free Olympic games, and will drag them along to all of them!
Another thing we did this week was visit the famous toy store Hamley's. It was awesome! They had a whole section on Hello Kitty!! Any store who has that is wonderful! They also had millions of toy cars, of any you could imagine! Well, I think they had all kinds of cars, but I kind of skipped that level. I mean who wouldn't with Hello Kitty beckoning?? They even had a whole level of Legos! They had life size lego statues of the Queen, Kate, William, and Harry. They had Royal Guards, Sherlock Holmes, a Telephone booth, and the Queen's Crown.
Also, the girls and I have been going on a paper doll clothes spree. We have colored, designed, traced, and cut our little hearts out. It starts to get a little hard, I mean there are only so many colors.
Well, I have just finished packing for Barcelona. How exciting! I am about to grab some Ice Cream and watch Pride and Prejudice.... the six hour one. Oh yeah, I am living the dream!
Cool!!! We watched the opening ceremony on TV last night!! That's awesome that y'all got to see the Olympic Torch!! I hope you get to see lots of the Games too!!
ReplyDeleteMe too! They have some spread out in London, and I want to go to all of them! Not sure about my family though.... hmm. Anyways, How have you been?
DeleteI've been great!(as you know :)) And sorry about the double comment. I wasn't sure if the 1st one went through! I miss you!
DeleteThat's no problem! Sometimes I do that!!!! :) miss you! Lots of love, Addi
DeleteThe Olympic Torch...how exciting can it get. Be sure and get all kinds of good pictures. Hellow Kitty...how much better could it get. I know all of you loved that. I hope you got pictures of Aunt Michelle. If the two of you had gone in there we might never have found either of you...just kidding. Now I am waiting to hear the adventures of Barcelona. Yes, I believe you are living the dream. What a great thing. We miss you all very much. Grammy
ReplyDeleteIt was pretty exciting! I was really the only one who truly wanted to see it, but I think everyone was glad they went! The hello kitty section was pretty awesome!! They had Hello kitty everything, Cooking supplies, dolls , on and on! We wanted to FaceTime you from barcelona, but we didn't have wifi, so we're hoping to do it today! talk to you later!
DeleteSounds like you are having a blast! And that is awesome that you got to see the torch! I miss you so much and can't wait to see you someday!
ReplyDeleteWe are having a good time! I can't wait to see you either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just about to email you, but i have to go to the bathroom!!!! later!
Delete