8.12.2012

London 2012

Well, as quickly as the Olympics came, they left. It seems they have only been here a few days, but in actuality it has been two very exciting weeks. The USA definitely dominated the London 2012 Olympics, as they always do! :) They had a total of 104 medals, 46 of those were gold while silver in bronze were both 29. We got to see a few of the events that were scattered around London. We saw both events in Hyde Park, which is really a lovely park to hold the games in. We watched the Women's Triathlon, which was very interesting. They started off swimming in the Serpentine, a lake in the middle of Hyde Park. I'm sure it was very cold, and a little disgusting! I mean, think of all those ducks!!! As soon as they finished their lap, they leaped out of their wetsuits, and they took off on their bikes. They went so fast that I couldn't even get a picture! I kept expected one of them to take off in the air! :) As soon as they completed that, with no hesitation, they popped into their trainers and took off for the final stretch of the triathlon, the running. America unfortunately did not medal, but neither did Team GB, so that made losing a little better. The next event  we saw was Women's Marathon Swimming. We didn't stay the entire time though, because the rest of the family wasn't to enthusiastic to see  this. I could not believe that those girls could swim that long. It was a total of 6 laps, basically a 10 K. It took them around 2 hours to finish the race. In other words, a very long tiring race! The people we were standing by were very nice, asking us where we were from on and on. Some of them were making fun of Team USA, saying there was no way we would be in the lead when the race finished, but America came in second, and GB didn't even medal, so there Team GB! My dad was the only one who got an Olympic ticket, because of his work. He had a ticket to see athletics.  He got to see Relay Races, Pole Vaulting, and Women's Hammer throw. The American women set a world record in the Relay, which sent us into ecstasy. He brought us back bracelets inscribed with London 2012 and in the colors of the Olympic Rings. They were very cool! I plan to wear a different color every day!! :) Today, as papers and advertisements proclaim, "we say goodbye to the world." But today, we also said goodbye to dad, who is flying to Houston for his work.  Thankfully, it is only one week, not two like he used to do. Tomorrow we start school, so that we can finish early to come home for Christmas!



Andy Murray (supposedly) 

Lego Team GB!!

Hehe... Tintin Olympics 

Mom thought this one was hilarious, as we have to use drying racks to dry everything over here! :) 



3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm so happy for y'all!!! Seeing the Olympics in person must be great!!
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammy14.8.12

    Just read your blog here at the gates hotel in marathon tx. Great as always. We are leaving for alto nm in the morning for some cool weather and golf. Looking forward to Christmas . Love you grampy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure New Mexico will be lovely!! Have fun golfing! I am actually considering taking golf lessons as my sport, it's either that or tennis. Is Grammy and Mrs. Carolyn golfing too? anyways, have fun in nm! love you! :)

      Delete