Winter has hit London. Or shall I say our Texan winter has hit London. Mornings in the 40's and afternoon's in the 60's. Oh, except here it's cloudy and rainy the entire day, making it feel way colder. The only bright side to this horrible winter is that it might actually snow! How cool would that be? But right now, I am terribly missing my shorts and cute little dresses I could still wear in September in Texas. Actually, I could usually wear them all the way through December. But, as all British girls have told me, it is time to bring out the jumpers. Jumpers are sweaters here, no jean dresses. So, I went out and bought my first British Jumper. It has black and off-white stripes. It is very cute and also nice and warm. It's been raining here, but I suppose that's to be expected. We are trying to decide if buying Wellies (rainboots) are worth it. Some people tell us yes, but other say they are not necessary.
Other than winter coming, nothing terribly exciting has happened. We have been trying to find a church, but have all had different opinions. Sigh... Also, we have joined a homeschool group with our friends, Nisha and Priya. Nisha has been helping me along with the British vocabulary and explained all the different words. (That's how I found out about jumpers!!) Other than that though, it has been pretty quiet. I have been catching up on some reading, so that has been nice. Recently, I have become interested in the language of flowers. This custom, started by Queen Victoria, was a way for women to communicate with each other. They could send death threats, comfort, love, hatred, and all sorts of things via flowers. Here is a great website on it: The Language of Flowers. I first read of it in the Enola Holmes sereies: Enola Holmes.
Please vote on my poll as I am trying to figure out what to do with my pictures. I am afraid this is a bit to much to scroll through for all y'all reading. I so far have two different ideas
1. Post the pictures with the new post.
I am afraid this will make the post rather long though...
2. Post the pictures with the new post's title on the picture page
I am afraid this will get confusing though...
I will probably try both methods out and then decide. Please vote if I need to change it. Also, comment if you have any suggestions.
Well, today's a short post, but hopefully will have some time to blog this week. We'll see.
Cheers!
Wow! Winter already? I guess I’ve only known Texas winters- like you! Well, I’ll be praying for y’all as you try to find a church!!
ReplyDeleteYes, It's not unbearable yet! We're now worried about the colder months... But we are planning to come home for Christmas and stay for about a month. So we should miss some of the winter!! :)
DeleteBuy tights! thick wooly ones. Than you can wear your cute little dresses :)
ReplyDeleteOk thanks! I will definitely get some!
DeleteHey Addison I don't really care so It is up to you and eny other people that want to vote (; miss you and love you tell Jordan happy birthday for me will Ya! Love Rebekah
ReplyDeleteOk! Thanks for telling me! I'm just not sure what to do. So far everyone is saying it is too much to scroll through. I'll probably try both of my options out. Hearts <3
DeleteYour blogs are all so very good and quite interesting. I feel like a part of everything. Well Christmas hurry ans come. We can hardly wait to see you all. Grammy
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed your trip to Rye. I like all the pictures. So much fun to she how all of you have grown.
ReplyDelete