I am currently sitting here in my beautiful new scarf Mrs Becky sent me (Thanks!), looking out the window, listening to Johnny Cash, and drinking my Gingerbread Latte in a Red Christmas Cup, and thinking how wonderful London actually is. The weird thing is, I don't exactly know how to describe it. I always give different answers when people ask what I like best about London. So, I will tell all y'all what I like most about London.
- My favorite part of London is the City. I like the hustle and bustle of all the business people, and I like how it almost completely shuts down on the weekends, and you feel like you are completely alone. Unless you are right next to a pub and the Euro 2012 is going on. Trust me, it gets a little loud.
- I love all the markets in London. The Borough Market is the best food market. It sells anything from meat pies to kangaroo burgers. No lie. They also have great cheese, donuts, and ice cream. The best antique market is Portabello Road. It has great antiques in a range of prices, food, and vintage clothing. It is really interesting to just spend the day looking a stalls and having their street food. I had a hamburger there, and it was so delicious. It made me very happy!
- I love sitting in a cafe and watching the people pass.
- I love watching the airplanes from my backyard.
- I love watching the full moon from my window.
- I love riding the tube to all our destinations.
- I love all the freedom London gives me. I can simply pop outside for a coffee, a book, some sweets, or really anything I need.
- I love all the museums. The best are the National Gallery and the V&A. Well, the Science Museum isn't to bad. The only problem with museums is when moms make you read every little plaque in the entire museum.
- Lastly, I love all the friends I have made here. They are all so kind and welcoming to the American who doesn't understand their accent or vocabulary. On that point, the first British word I learned here was "revise" Everyone kept saying they had so much revision to do, and I was so confused. I found out it meant studying.
Well, you get the point. Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving all! Don't forget to turn on KSBJ, Christmas music starts at 6:00 PM! So, I will bust out my Ipod and listen to all my Christmas music at 6:00 my time! :) I love all y'all! But I actually have to go revise. Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful trip to Paris!! That sounds fun!! : ) By the way, did you know KSBJ already has Christmas music streaming online? I turned it on just as I was beginning to read your blog! : ) Just go to the ON AIR link, and the Christmas music is the 3rd option.
ReplyDelete