1.17.2013

Geometry

"Hexagon, trapezoid, polyhedron: Words you haven't heard since high school math class..."
I just took my geometry midterm. The funny thing is, I actually like geometry which would be the first time I have ever liked a math class. Maybe because it's because of my teacher. She is so passionate about math that you actually start thinking that math is great.... until you see the tests. :) But I started looking around and realized that geometry is used all around us in this world even if people don't know it. For instance, I was setting the table for Christmas dinner and I was just putting the dessert forks on. They went above the plate all facing the same direction as is the nature of dessert forks. And it hit me, I was using a translation without even knowing it. A translation by definition is a composite of two reflections. And I was doing that just by setting on a fork. I was also doing a rotation, but I won't go into that. Another example, At my London church, there are these wooden beams on the ceiling and walls, and they make a shape like that looks a little like this: ><. I then realized that these were not only vertical angles and therefore were equal but they were also a linear pair. But I won't bore you with more of my geometric discoveries. Anyways, today I usually take a geometry class at this time which we didn't have today. Unfortunatly, I did not realize this, so when I logged on and no one else was there, I decided to blog. Which is why, I suppose,  I blogged about geometry. Then I started looking at pictures, so without further ado, here are some random pictures! :) 


Sarah and I! 

Us again!

Ok, I want this car

Our Christmas Table

Yep, Sarah and I again, but this time with Jordan, Beka, and Zane
Well, that's all for today, maybe next time we'll tackle biology. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment