A few weeks ago, I got a taste of British sports. Since I'm not a very sporty girl (I'm more of the crochet and bake cookies kinda gal) I was a little nervous. Our homeschool group regularly plays Netball and sometimes, they have a full blown sports day. So, Netball first.My first glimpse at this sport was through youtube. It was a video of
girls in these adorable little skirts tossing a ball into a net. There was no shoving or tackling either. After seeing this, I was a little more excited. I mean, skirts?? That's more my style! :) But turns out, there's a bunch of rules to this cute little game. For example, you can't move with the ball. Only certain people can shoot. Shoving and pushing and what not is not allowed and so on and so forth. At least, I think those are the rules, I wouldn't quote me on that. And, to be fair, in any sport, there are a lot of rules, it's just, i didn't really understand these rules. So, it actually turned out to be a little confusing. But, I've only played once, I'll probably get better. (I hope!) Oh, and I didn't wear a skirt, I just wore jeans. :( The next British sport I came in contact with was Rounders. Rounders is a little like good ol' American baseball, but a bit easier. First off there were four bases, so you didn't have to run as far, the bat was super small and light, and the ball was a little soft ball, so we didn't even use mitts. I did ok, but catching the ball was very hard. Well, that and half the time I was talking to my friend at first base... oops. :) But overall, I throughly enjoyed myself in both sports!
By the way, check our this blog post by Mrs. Michelle Ashley, it is a great post! :)

Oh, cool!! Sounds like you had fun!! Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteThis was a great blog Addison. Keep up the great writing! Love a nd missu you. Gramma
Deletethanks gramma! we miss you too! tell grandpa we said hi!
Delete