Today is February 2nd. I suppose this date holds some meaning to me for one reason. This is the day that my parents announced we were moving to London. At first, moving to London seemed awful, but as soon as we got here, I fell in love with the place. There is something wonderful about hoards of people taking no notice of you, grey skies, and a packed tube. Maybe it's because it's promising, you know one day, those grey skies will give way to clear blue skies. Or maybe, its just that those grey skies are beautiful in themselves. I love my dear beautiful Texas, but there is something captivating about London, and it makes you never want to leave this city. I don't know why I fell in love with London at first sight, as the first thing I saw was a bank. Perhaps it's because that bank offered hope. Hope that this city might become my home. After all, America had banks, which was a similarity that I desperately needed at that moment. While I increasingly sought out similarities throughout that first week, I began to appreciate the differences more and more. Until one day, I no longer needed the similarities because I had grown to love London as London itself, sort of like the grey skies being beautiful as themselves. I suppose I will always be a southern girl at heart, I love good home cooked food, I appreciate country music, and I love sundresses and cowboy boots. But I will also always have a part of Britain in me.

Wonderful blog! Both happy and sad. We miss you lots! Love gramma
ReplyDeleteThank you! We miss you too. We will try to facetime a little later. :) love you lots!
ReplyDeleteLondon sounds AMAZING!!!! : ) I know I was sad when you left, but I LOVE reading about all your adventures across the pond!! : )
ReplyDelete