3.25.2013

Spring has Sprung....

...or has it? Although the daffodils are springing and the trees are growing leaves again, it is still freezing. Today the temperature was 1 degree (celsius! so like 34 degrees fahrenheit) Does that seem like spring weather to you? Not to me either. And trust me, it is no fun to walk to the store in the rain in 30 degree weather. It is further not fun to forget your umbrella on the tube just to have it start pouring as soon as you step out of the station. (and it was a really cute umbrella too.) Anyway, we were told when we got here to embrace the winter. So, what's a better way to embrace the winter than go to a cinema where it is nice and warm? Yesterday I finally saw Les Miserables. I had never read the book (seeing as it is much larger than my history textbook) but the movie was superb. I cried and cried and cried a little more. I almost burst into tears on the tube while I was thinking about it. Thankfully, I didn't. My American accent already stands out; just think of what crying would do. The music was wonderful. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the whole movie being in song, but it added rather than detracted (as Jordan and Maddy thought) to the movie. My favorite scenes were probably the parts dealing with the French Revolution, but those were also some of the saddest scenes. It made me think about the French Revolution in a new way, not just as words in a textbook. But the other great part was that it preached the gospel to you the entire time. After all, it was all about redemption through God. Unfortunately, the seats in the cinema were very uncomfortable. Anyways,  Jordan and Maddy's favorite part was that the Iron Man 3 trailer was shown before the show, which is the next movie we want to see. I couldn't believe that was their favorite part. But each to their own right? (I'm not sure if that's the right saying....is that even a saying?) And now tonight Mom is going to book club, so us girls are going to watch another movie and discuss possible ending for Downton Abbey. (Please don't tell me how it ends, I would be crushed. I would also be crushed if Sybil or Branson died. They just can't die. I have waited this long for them to even get married. Just please don't tell me. My dream ending is probably better anyway.)
Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought it was cold here, but I'll rethink that now... : ) Have a great week!! : )

    ReplyDelete