4.14.2013

Cake International 2013

On Friday, all us girls went to see the Cake International show. We had a bit of experience trying to get there, because the TFL website told us to go one way, but mother and I thought we had a better way which pretty much ended in our train not going to the stop we needed. No worries though, we sorted it out, and we have decided from now on to follow the expert's advice. :) A lot of the show was stalls selling cake decorating supplies, but we got to see some amazing cakes. There was one that looked so much like a real purse that I couldn't tell if it was cake or not! Then, Mom, Makenzie, and I got to try our hand at making gum paste flowers. They were so tiny and delicate that it was really hard to shape them. But it was a lot of fun. I was so inspired, I came straight home with plans to make a strawberry cake. But, unfortunately, I forgot to grease the cake pans right, so my cake came out in three parts. Talk about sad. Then, I forgot to cream the butter first for the icing and simply added all the ingredients at once, but milk solved that problem. :) The uth group is coming over today, so they get to be my guinea pigs. Anyway, today we are also going to the South Asian Festival, so check back for another post!  Cheers!


Ok, this is definitely one of my favorites




Super Mario! 

Adorable! 

OH MY GOSH! IT'S HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouse Wedding!! 


This entire thing is edible... 


Mickey Mouse! :) 

Ok really? Does this look like cake to you? Because I was there and it looked like real leather...


hehe... cute!

Again, do these look like sugar craft. 

YES! USA! 




OH WOW! IS THIS A DOCTER WHO WEDDING CAKE??? *GASP* 





My attempt at sugar craft 





hmm... maybe her's didn't turn out great :) 

My flower!! 


4 comments:

  1. I love the mouse wedding and the doctor who one!!!! Looks like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love those too! but i must say my favorite was probably the mickey mouse and hello kitty one! love you lots!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous18.4.13

    Loved the pictures of the cakes. Very talented bakers and decorators. It looks like you had great fun. Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat!! That looked like tons of fun!! : )

    ReplyDelete