Thousands of people in the world live off of only £1 a day. And now, thousands of people are getting ready to live below the line. In other words, thousands of people are trying to see if they too can live off £1 a day. Live Below the Line is an organization which raises awareness for world hunger. Each year, for 5 days, they challenge people to live off only £1. So, the question is, can you live off of £1? My family and I are trying to figure that out. Thomas, my youth pastor, showed us this video and challenged us to try it.
So, from April 29 to May 3 my family has only £6 to live off of for one day. That's £30 for one week
I'll do day to day posts to let you know how it's going!
Hey, Addison!! Live Below the Line sounds really neat!! That's a cool way to raise awareness for hunger. At our church this month, we're having Give it Away May where everyone(who wants to) gives up/away different things for the entire month: video games, soda, shoes, etc. and then we use the money we would have spent to raise money for mission projects. That's really cool that Live Below the Line and Give it Away May over lap some of the same time! Love you!
Wow! Give it away may sounds really interesting! Did you give anything up? although, giving things up for a month is harder than just eating less food for 5 days! :) lol. But that is cool that they overlap! And i like how you use the money for mission projects. Anyways, I will talk to you later! love ya! addison
Hi Addison! Yep, I gave up going out to eat(our family has been doing that a lot recently) to raise money for missions, and Pinterest(although it may sound silly: )) because I've been on it a bit too much lately. : ) Love you!
Hey, Addison!!
ReplyDeleteLive Below the Line sounds really neat!! That's a cool way to raise awareness for hunger.
At our church this month, we're having Give it Away May where everyone(who wants to) gives up/away different things for the entire month: video games, soda, shoes, etc. and then we use the money we would have spent to raise money for mission projects. That's really cool that Live Below the Line and Give it Away May over lap some of the same time!
Love you!
Wow! Give it away may sounds really interesting! Did you give anything up? although, giving things up for a month is harder than just eating less food for 5 days! :) lol. But that is cool that they overlap! And i like how you use the money for mission projects. Anyways, I will talk to you later!
Deletelove ya!
addison
Hi Addison!
DeleteYep, I gave up going out to eat(our family has been doing that a lot recently) to raise money for missions, and Pinterest(although it may sound silly: )) because I've been on it a bit too much lately. : )
Love you!