If you haven't seen my Live Below the Line post, go check it out please! :)
Day 1 of the Live Below the Line Challenge
I must say, in one day, I am already so thankful for all I have. It's weird not to be able to just jump up and grab some food from the pantry. I was continually fighting this innate urge to just eat.
I guess it shows just how much I have. But yes, I have found that it is possible to live off of a meager £1 a day per person. The thing about cheap food is that although it is cheap, it is not very nutritious which means I got hungry quite fast. :) But, you will be glad to know that I didn't grab even one cheeky snack! YAY! Here's what I ate.
Breakfast
Porridge
Milk
Sugar
Lunch
Taco with Cheese and Bacon
Dinner
2 Tacos with Cheese
I must say the hardest part of this day was that there was no sugar in my food. I am a baker. I love sweet things. Half the things I eat are sweet!! Now to go to a spoonful of sugar in the morning instead of my entire breakfast being sweet was quite hard. But I will survive! :) Here's what got me through the day: 1 Corinthians 10:19, "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
And God did get me through the first day! So for all of y'all who might be doing this challenge, just remember that verse! It works wonders! :)
Wow! That sounds tricky!
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you, 1 Corinthians 10:13 is one of my favorite verses; I have to remind myself of it quite often too!
Well, have a great day! Love y'all!
It is a little tricky, but when you pool your money all together it's ok! :) 1 Corinthians 10:13 is an amazing verse. I've always heard of it, but this week, I really depended on it! I hope you have a great week! Summers almost here! YAY! love you lots,
DeleteAddison