Well today, we took our lunch on a picnic. It was our homeschool group, and we all met for some art
lessons. I unfortunately was so hungry that I ate my lunch on the train. Oops! :) But I have discovered that carrots fulfill a sugar craving quite well, and, according to my Mum, stop wrinkles or something like that. So, what a bonus right?! :) The bad thing about today was that it was quite sunny.
And when the sun is out in London, the ice cream trucks are too. Do you realize how hard it is to walk past little kids eating ice cream when you are half starving?? If you've never done it, I'll tell you how hard it is. VERY VERY HARD. I'm still really struggling with the habitual part of this challenge. But, we are half way through this week. I can do this! And actually, I must say, Day 3 has been the easiest day of all. Despite the ice cream, I was barely tempted to grab any food. I tried to keep busy so I wouldn't have time to think about it, and it worked! I think my body is getting used to running off of so little food. :) No really though, we have had quite a lot of food for only £6 a day. This challenge though is teaching me to be grateful for all I have. I take for granted that I can just pop into Waitrose and grab a pizza or crisps or anything like that. So, here's the Bible verse for today: 1 Thessalonians 5:8, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." So today, whatever you're doing, remember to give thanks to God in all your circumstances. Ok, Here's what I ate today. I have decided to include the price too.
Breakfast: 1.60
Porridge
Milk
Sugar
Mixed Fruit
Lunch: 2.01
Bread
Peanut Butter
Carrots
Dinner: 1.08
Bread
Spaghetti
Bolognese Sauce
Broccoli
Cheese
Snack: 84p
Apple
Nuts (I actually didn't add the price for this in! It was added to the end of the week with our left over money!)
Popcorn (see above!)
TOTAL: 5.53
That's right! I'm under! I'm good at this!! :) lol!
I've got a question-is it one euro per day per person?
ReplyDeleteIt's one pound (£1) per person. So that's about 1.18 euros and like 1.50 dollars. But yes, it is per person, so my family has £6 a day cause makenzie is here with us!
DeleteWow... That sounds difficult!! I'm not sure if I could do that!(Although I probably could if I tried hard enough. : ))
ReplyDeleteLove you!!