6.16.2012
Regent Park
England won the football match! They beat Sweden 3-2. Jordan and I went to the youth group to watch it last night. It was really very similar to our youth group. It was rather ironic though, we were the only people in our English football shirts. Leave it to the Americans. Today we went to Regent Park. The weather was (for the most part) lovely. It did get a little cold though, but we hunkered down. We had a lovely bus ride to the park. When we got there, we wondered around the gardens. They had gorgeous English Roses in every color imaginable. By the lakes, willow trees swayed gracefully in the breeze while ducks bobbed on top of the water. We had a lovely lunch in one of the rose gardens called Queen Mary's Garden. We then wondered through the park, and found a delightful ice cream stand. It had unusual flavors like clotted cream vanilla or caramel nut. (I got the caramel) We strolled next to a lake with millions of duck and geese, and even a few swans. The girls fed the geese and ducks while I fed the squirrels. The geese got a little aggressive though, and started following Jordan. They finally figured out she was out of food and moved on. The rest of the time, we simply sat on benches and read our books and what-not. In short, it was a wonderful day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool!! It sounds like y'all are having a great time!! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very lovely day. I would have so enjoyed being there to lavish in it with you all. Once again I felt with all your wonderful descriptions that I was right there. In fact I could see the willow trees swaying in the breeze. Clotted cream vanilla, I understand why you got the caramel nut. Enough adventure for 1 day. I am thrilled you are having such great adventures. Keep it up! Grammy
ReplyDeleteIt was lovely!!!! When y'all come, we will have to take you. The vanilla was actually ok, (Maddy got it) but my flavor was better! Love you!
DeleteHey girl! I'm so happy that you are having a blast.(Well at least I hope you are) The pics of the flowers were gorgeous! And it sounds like you you had a wonderful time reading your books. I miss you so much and can't wait for you to come back! I'm planning on getting a skype soon so I will have to email you soon!! Love you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteI am having a blast!! My dad took the pictures of the flowers! (he was really proud of them!!!!!!!) Yes, you desperately need to get skype! that would be great! :) I love you too!!!
Delete